Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Camp Pendleton


I am going to move my story now to the times I lived on Camp Pendleton.  I lived on this Marine base on three separate occasions.  First time was when I was only three, second time I was like eleven to twelve years old and finally the third time I was seventeen to eighteen or so.

Camp Pendleton is located half way between Los Angeles and San Diego in southern California.  Southern California with it nice weather and beaches.  I miss the ocean.  It is a large base and represents what southern California looked like before all the development.  Long stretches of untouched beaches and a haven for protected wildlife.


Housing was very nice especially the last time I lived there.  The base is broken down into different areas like Mainside, Los Pulgas, and San Onofre for example.  When I was in my last year of high school we lived at San Onofre.  My bedroom window had an incredible view of the ocean and a not so incredible view of the San Onofre Nuclear Plant. 

It was a very nice place to live.  It was only a mile from the San Clemente which is beautiful beach community.  San Clemente is where I worked my first job.  It is also home to my high school.  Go Tritons!  To be honest, we couldn't win a basketball or football game.  We could, however, win a water polo game or a surfing contest.  Yes, surfing was a sport at my high school.  That is the reason I was outstanding at PE.  I took swimming the whole time I went to school here, which was just me hanging out at the pool.  It is a beach town after all, I was trying to fit in.

View of San Clemente from the pier


In future posts I will get into some stories about my time at Camp Pendleton.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment